[AG-TECH] Problems while installing AGkt2.2 from source on a Debian

dgolden at cp.dias.ie dgolden at cp.dias.ie
Fri Jun 18 06:52:36 CDT 2004

> Hi all
>
> I have worked on the packages and realised two binary packages, one for
> globus and one for accessgrid.

I resorted to "alien" again in the interests of having a running node now
that we've got most of our equipment, but I am still trying to think about
the packaging.

> If you have a working idea I would gladly accept it !
> Moreover, on the pc where I have done all the required symbolic links, I
> still don't have AG2.2 really running because of a few configuration
> problems (more below). So a few more tricks may be needed before having
> AG2.2 working !

Note that globus requires a user environment setup script to
be called.  On linux platforms that support /etc/profile.d/
that is automatic... sigh...

In my case, until I work out what the heck the "debian way"
is supposed to be to make such settings,I just manually
source the below into the shell before launching
any globus/accessgrid command.

"""
#!/bin/bash

#export GPT_LOCATION=/usr/lib/gpt
export GLOBUS_LOCATION=/usr/lib/globus

source /usr/lib/globus/etc/globus-user-env.sh
"""

Best Regards,

David Golden