[AG-TECH] Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 09:48:08 +0100

Colin Perkins csp at csperkins.org
Fri Jun 11 04:48:35 CDT 2004

On 11 Jun 2004, at 09:48, Adam Carter wrote:
> Dear ag-tech,
>
> Following on from the recent email about the HPC-Europa project
> (www.hpc-europa.org), I'd like to mention a few things we are
> considering working on here at EPCC (www.epcc.ed.ac.uk):
>
>  o Visual identification of "active" window (the window(s) in which
>    someone is speaking) based on output from RAT.
>  o Improvements to integration of a whiteboard tool with AG.
>
>    - I know that various shared-whiteboard tools are already
>      available, so I don't know to what extent there's anything to be
>      done on this subject. However, I know that here at EPCC we don't
>      regularly use such software and I think that many people would
>      find it useful. If anyone has any experience of using such tools
>      and has identified any short-comings on which we could work, I'd
>      be interested to hear.
>
>  o A (web-based?) tool to share an agenda or tick-list for a meeting.
>
>    - I guess something like this could maybe be done with the help of
> the
>      shared browser.
>
> If anyone is working in any of these areas or knows of any existing
> work that I should be aware of then I'd be very interested to hear
> from you.

The old ReLaTe work we did at UCL was a step in this direction:

	http://www-mice.cs.ucl.ac.uk/multimedia/software/relate-ui/

There is an mbus interface in vic and rat which allows the tools to
communicate. The ReLaTe UI was pretty much hacked together, but you
could do something more elegant with the mbus, replacing the rat ui.

--
Colin Perkins
http://csperkins.org/