[AG-TECH] Creative Webcam NX Pro

Osland, CD (Chris) C.D.Osland at rl.ac.uk
Fri Jun 11 04:37:25 CDT 2004

Frank,

A very long shot, but I had a similar situation with an M-Audio
balanced audio card.  After a great deal of digging and calls to
M-Audio, they admitted it wouldn't work with Xeon processors -
and I had a twin Xeon system.  Nothing anywhere in the spec to say
this - it works fine with Pentium and Athlon processors.

As I guess the Creative camera may be USB connected, probably not
the same problem, but M-Audio said it was because memory was
accessed in a different way on Xeons (??? interleaving issues ???).

Just a thought.

Chris

Chris Osland                                               Office tel: +44
(0) 1235 446565
Digital Media and Access Grid                          Medialab tel: +44 (0)
1235 446459
BIT Department                                     Access Grid room tel: +44
(0) 1235 445666
e-mail:   C.D.Osland at rl.ac.uk                                       Fax: +44
(0) 1235 445597
CLRC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory (Bldg. R18)
Chilton, DIDCOT, Oxon OX11 0QX, UK
[The contents of this email are confidential and are for the use of the
intended recipient only.
If you are not the intended recipient do not take any action on it or show
it to anyone else,
but return this email to the sender and delete your copy of it.]