[AG-TECH] rat-4.2.22-media high cpu utilization

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jun 10 15:16:59 CDT 2004

Steve:

This reminds me of a problem encountered with the alsa-patched rat; I'm
not sure if that somehow applies to you.

The reference is here http://www.ap-accessgrid.org/linux/rat/ :

There is a known problem with the Intel8x0 driver that causes rat to
consume 100% CPU when running in mono. The workaround if you see this
effect is to put Rat into stereo mode.

Tom