[AG-TECH] Multi input capture

Jon Johansson jon.johansson at ualberta.ca
Tue Jun 1 17:32:13 CDT 2004

I have a list of multiple input capture cards below. I would
like to put together some comments about these cards, so if you
have experience with these cards (good and bad) and have found
quirks in making them work please pass them on and I'll send
the result back to this list. All of these should be able to
simultaneously capture 4 video streams with an image size
of 640x480 pixels and 30 fps per channel for NTSC unless I've
misunderstood the docs. Are there other cards that are
working for people?

Thanks,
Jon.

iTuner Spectra8 - www.ituner.com
  - BT878 chipset
  - drivers: Windows 95/98/Me, NT/2000/XP
             Unix, Linux 2.2, 2.4 and 2.6 support via BTTV driver
  - PAL/NTSC/SECAM
  - One free 32-bit PCI slot
  - $395US

Falcon Quattro - http://www.ids-imaging.com/
  - BT878 chipset
  - drivers: Windows 95/98/Me, NT/2000/XP, Linux
  - PAL/NTSC
  - One free 32-bit PCI slot
  - $800US

Winnov Videum Quattro - http://www.winnov.com
  - Chipset??
  - drivers: Windows NT/2000/XP
  - PAL/NTSC
  - One free 32-bit or 64-bit PCI slot
  - $1250US

Winnov Videum 4400 - http://www.winnov.com
  - Chipset??
  - drivers: Windows NT/2000/XP
  - PAL/NTSC
  - It is a 32Bit/33MHz PCI "Universal" (3.3&5V) card
    Can be plugged in both 32 and 64 Bit PCI slots
  - $750US

VC400 - http://www.webcamsoft.com/en/vc400.html
  -
  - Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/2003
  - NTSC, PAL and SECAM
  - Available PCI slot(s)
  - $334.95

Geovision GV600 Video Surveillance -
http://shop.bezerkmedia.com/shop/customer/product.php?productid=16193&cat=&p
age=
  -
  - Windows 2000, Windows XP (Home / Professional)
  - 25 FPS PAL 30 FPS NTSC
  -
  - $299.00

--
Jon I Johansson             *  Research Computing Support
jon.johansson at ualberta.ca   *  Computing and Network Services