[AG-TECH] Port parameter values for VideoService

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Mon Jul 19 04:26:53 CDT 2004

Hi Michael,

> Trying to get everything running fine with AG 2.2, I now only have the
> problem of the VideoService starting vic with the wrong port (Composite0
> instead of S-Video)

I assume you a referring to vic on Linux. See my previous email tilted "Re:
[AG-TECH] New Fedora Core 2 AGTk CVS snapshot" it describes why the bug
happens and shows where to get new versions of VideoService.py and
VideoProducerService.py which hopefully fixes it.

Just a brief summary, vic uses a so-called nickname to identify a device
rather than using a device name, so the following line in the vic startup
config file (which gets generated by VideoService.py or
VideoProducerService.py) won't work:
   set defaultPort("/dev/video2") S-Video
but the following does:
   set defaultPort("v4l- BT878(Pinnacle PCTV Studio/Ra) /dev/video2")
S-Video

Cheers,
Doug