[AG-TECH] BridgeServer and other problems....

Doiron, Andre Andre.Doiron at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Thu Jul 15 08:40:21 CDT 2004

Hi,

            I was also trying to get the Bridge to work yesterday... I
finally figured out how to make it work just now. The configuration you
posted isn't quite right. Here is what I used, and it worked like a charm.

[BridgeServer]

qbexec = /usr/bin/QuickBridge

name = some_name

location = here

[https://<address>:<port>/Venues/default]

type = Venue

This is for a single Venue, if you want for a server

Put VenueServer as the type, and of course put the correct url.

I had to look into the code to get this working. If you want to see for
yourself it's in the LoadConfig function in the BridgeServer class

Even the examples at the end of the code aren't correct; they don't use the
correct capitalization.

André Doiron

NRC - CNRC
55 Crowley Farm
Moncton, New Brunswick

>Hi everybody.
>
>I have a few issues and I hope someone can answer some of them:
>
>1) I'm now successfully running a VenueServer on Redhat 9 machine on an
>intranet, and been able to connect to with an WinXP laptop. Now I am
>trying to run a Bridgeserver (on the same machine) for the venues I
>created.
>This is the config file I use, ~/bridgeconfig.conf:
>
> [BridgeServer]
>qbexec = /usr/bin/QuickBridge
>name = BTexact
>location = Adastral Park Ipswich
>venueServer = https://accessgrid.futures.bt.co.uk:8000/VenueServer
<https://accessgrid.futures.bt.co.uk:8000/VenueServer>

>and I execute the command: BridgeServer.py -c ~/bridgeconfig.cnf
>But nothing happens, it doesn't print anything to the screen, and the
>Unicast option is not availables in any of the venues. The logfile doesn't
>give me any hints, this is it's last entry:
>
>07/14/04 11:54:30 1074127616 CertificateManager
>CertificateManager.py:876 DEBUG Proxy /tmp/x509up_u500 will expire
>07/14/04 18:53:13
>
> (I even tried to change the last line of the config file to venue =
>https://accessgrid.futures.bt.co.uk:8000/Venues/default
<https://accessgrid.futures.bt.co.uk:8000/Venues/default>  but no such
luck.)