[AG-TECH] Using CVS

Michael Miller mimiller at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu Jul 15 15:06:28 CDT 2004

When running from CVS using WinXP I get:

07/15/04 14:19:34 3712 DataStore     datastore.py:273 DEBUG Reading
persisted da
ta from: C:\Documents and Settings\mimiller\Application
Data\AccessGrid\Config\p
ersonalDataStore\DataStore.dat
07/15/04 14:19:34 3712 VenueClient     venueclient.py:215 DEBUG
__createPersonal
DataStore: Load personal data from file
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "C:\Documents and Settings\mimiller\My
Documents\UIUC\NCSA\VTS\AG\ag_sour
ce\ag2.2a\AccessGrid\bin\VenueClient.py", line 107, in ?
     main()
   File "C:\Documents and Settings\mimiller\My
Documents\UIUC\NCSA\VTS\AG\ag_sour
ce\ag2.2a\AccessGrid\bin\VenueClient.py", line 87, in main
     vcui = VenueClientUI(vc, vcc, app)
TypeError: __init__() takes exactly 3 arguments (4 given)

Should I file a bug on something like this? Or should I just wait till
tomorrow and try updating my CVS.

I'm wondering if there has been some conflict between the AG2.2
installation on my machine and the code running from CVS.  The Windows
instructions only tell me to change my PYTHONPATH environment variable, but
in the past there were a few other things I had to set as well using a
script called "env-init.bat".  Is there something more that might need
being done?

Thanx,

Michael Miller
System Engineer
Visualization Technology Support
Computing and Data Management
University of Illinois - UC
217-649-0747

"If you're clear in your vision and trust the people in your team with
clear objectives, they will invariably do their best to achieve everything
desired, and usually deliver everything you could have hoped for and even
more." -Paul Debevec