[AG-TECH] Critical Python Bug Affecting AGTk 2.2

Charles R. Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Fri Jul 9 09:31:06 CDT 2004

On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 08:39:58AM -0500, Joshua M. Brown wrote:
> Core 2, or Gentoo? i have people that put up a good deal of money and
> purchased some very expensive equipment and it is stuck on AG1.x at this
> time because i have no idea what OS will be supported.

Support is a funny word with many different meanings.  I don't know
that anything in this project is really "supported" in the sense that
"I paid for this and you must fix it".  Whatever the community
develops on/for, will be "supported" in the sense that it will likely
run the best on that platform.  Ivan was pretty clear that Fedora Core
and Gentoo were two such platforms that the community were working on.

If you want a more concrete level of support, maybe InSors or another
company can provide that.

> i really do need a solid answer on:
>
> 1) which distro?
> 2) AG 2.3 - wait for that or move ahead with AG2.2

There will likely always be a newer one to look forward to... at least
as long as this project continues.  Newer generally means less stable.
It takes time to work out all the issues to provide a stable solution,
by which time something newer is most likely out. Changing stuff is a
destabalizing factor.  It depends on how "bleeding edge" you want to
be.