[AG-TECH] Exception: Couldn't reach service manager

Gideon Goldman ggoldm2 at uic.edu
Thu Jul 8 13:35:39 CDT 2004

Monika,

Problem solved! After establishing that the machines are able to connect
to each other and that it's not a firewall issue, we traced the problem to
expired Globus certificates on the machines running our audio and video
service managers. Good to know if anyone else runs into this problem in
the near future...

The certificates expired for us yesterday at 5 pm, which coincidentally
was right when we finished a meeting (not using AG). That had us baffled.

Thanks for your help!

Gideon

AG Node Op
Electronic Visualization Lab