[AG-TECH] rpm vs. rpmbuild with Core 2

Joshua M. Brown jmb10 at uark.edu
Wed Jul 7 12:50:19 CDT 2004

Frank Sweetser wrote:

>On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 11:08:05AM -0500, Joshua M. Brown wrote:
>

>>...er, how does that effect the rpm build scripts if i'm trying to build
>>AG2.2 on Fedora Core 2? The reason i ask is to avoid beating my head
>>against any walls that i don't have to :)
>>

>The only things that might have changed a little are the command line options
>that you use when invoking rpm builds - the contents of the spec file shouldn't
>need to be changed.  Basically, it just means that instead of running
>
>rpm -ba specfile.spec
>
>you run
>
>rpmbuild -ba specfile.spec

Thank you, but for those of you that answered this answer - that is not
why i asked the question. i asked because it does matter *how* you call
rpm if it's ...say in an install script that does not account for the
difference. Yes, i know you can alias commands as well.

Anyway Tom's answer (see the thread) is exactly what i was after. Thanks
all.