[AG-TECH] Error occurred during certificate import

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jan 30 16:19:52 CST 2004

At 04:10 PM 1/30/2004, Carter, Tameka wrote:
>Hey,
>
>A friend of mine had the same problem.  We tried deleting the certrepo
>directory and importing again.  I was then told the key was not with the
>certificate.  We then tried to request another certificate 4-5 days
>ago.  We have not gotten it yet.

If you delete teh certrepo after doing a request of a certificate, you will
indeed get that error - deleting the certrepo directory will delete the
private key for the requested certificate, leaving it useless.

>On another note, is it the case that any certificate works?  I have a DOE
>science grid certificate I have been wondering about.

Yup, you can use that. You need to import the DOE science grid CA certs
first, then you can import the DOE cert itself.

--bob