[AG-TECH] That freezin' rat

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jan 23 12:41:44 CST 2004

At 12:36 PM 1/23/2004, Randy Groves wrote:

>This is the first I've heard of a specific port (47000) in respect to the
>operation of the RAT.  Am I to understand that this is a port local to the
>host upon which RAT is running?

Yup, rat uses it to communicate between its components (UI, media engine,
and controlling process).

>If so, how would a firewall enter into the picture?  Unless you are
>talking about a on-host firewall?

On-host. If you've got MS internet connection firewall turned on, it blocks
the on-host multicast and causes rat to not start up.

Two solutions: either turn ICF off, or configure it to allow udp 47000 through.

--bob