[AG-TECH] Multicast, PIG, VTC

Ronald Crummett ron_crummett at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 22 14:34:44 CST 2004

Thank you all so much for your help thus far in helping me set up my laptop
node.  Answers to some questions, however, open up doors to more.

Thanks to the Internet2 Detective, I have discovered that my network
connection is not multicast, which of course answers all my questions of why
I haven't been able to see anyone or talk to anyone when I connect to
AccessGrid.  Well, then, my next questions are:

-Is there some sort of workaround where I can connect to AccessGrid on a
unicast connection?  Everything I have seen about VTC leads me to believe
that it is a possible solution, but that a modified laptop-compliant VTC
must be used.
-Where can I get this laptop-compliant VTC?
-Once I get it, what do I do with it (installation, etc.)?

If I am going down the wrong track on all of this please let me know.  I
just want to get this thing working like I've heard it can.  Thanks so much!

-Ron Crummett