[AG-TECH] That freezin' rat

Don Morton Don.Morton at umontana.edu
Thu Jan 22 11:25:06 CST 2004

Before I go off into all sorts of wrong directions,
I thought I'd ask for advice here.....

I have a RedHat 7.3 setup, connected to multicast,
and vic works fine, both transmitting and receiving.
On rat, however, it just hangs when I try to launch
it, as in

rat 233.1.171.179/59700   (or any address I give it, even
                           if it's a unicast to a QuickBridge)

This happens with a rat from AG1, and the rat from the most
recent AG2.

I know someone else ran into this when she was on a bad network,
but that's not the case here.

Is this something that others see frequently and might have quick
workarounds for?

My audio card "works" as it plays my Clint Black CD's just fine,
and it's one of more recent Soundblasters.....

Thanks,

Don

   Don Morton                      http://www.cs.umt.edu/~morton/
   Department of Computer Science       The University of Montana
   Missoula, MT 59812 | Voice (406) 243-4975 | Fax (406) 243-5139

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the
most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds.
-Edward Abbey, naturalist and author (1927-1989)