[AG-TECH] H263

Jeremy Mann jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Wed Jan 21 20:51:32 CST 2004

Lee Derks said:
> Hello,
>
>     h263 works with my VIC but the video quality is not as sharp as h261.
> am not sure if the video camera makes a difference in how the h263
> encoding
> appears, but I have a Logitech QuickCam Pro 3000.

So far the 640x480 resolution I can get from H263 is superior to H261 and
its a simple matter of replacing the VIC from AG from the one from MASH.
We need high resolution displays due to our firewire cameras. H261 in my
mind is too small to represent the audience and and podium speakers. I
mean we have Internet2 bandwidth, and I am mean to utilize it.

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu

Bioinformatics Core Facility