[AG-TECH] 2.x Toolkit Use - python version?

David Golden dgolden at cp.dias.ie
Fri Feb 27 05:51:31 CST 2004

> I see on the documentation that AG is actually only supported under
> RH7.3 but I'm assuming since I'm using RH9 then 2.x will work as well.

As another AG newbie (working on setting up a node in Dublin, Ireland),
the RH7 issue worries me too.  For various admin+security reasons, we
strongly prefer to use Debian for network- and end-user- exposed boxes,
and I have been tinkering with bringing up AG2.1.2 on Debian. RH7.x
would be a pretty extreme reversion and annoying to support.

My main problem is the AG SRPMs stated dependency on Python2.2 - I
haven't yet tried running things on Python2.3, so maybe it just works,
but do AG devs know if the dependency on Python2.2 is for actual code
compatibility or simply because RH7 users could be using an even older
python?

Thanks,

David Golden (DIAS)