[AG-TECH] Globus Passphrase

Hubert Daugherty hd at daugherty.rice.edu
Mon Feb 23 23:02:15 CST 2004

Hi,

This is the most confusing thing.  But, now that I've
walked several users through the problem I think I can
explain the issue.

The first time a new user runs the 2.1.2 program, the user is
asked to create a request for a certificate.  In this Globus
certificate request process, the dialog asks the user for
a "password".

A few days later, the certificate is ready and the user
receives an email that its available.

Then, after the program is run again, the dialog box
now asks for the "passphrase".

Just use the "password" used in the original certificate
request and everything will work as expected.

Hubert