[AG-TECH] VIC with AXIS Communications 2130 PTZ Network Camera?

James Fait fait at anl.gov
Mon Feb 16 19:37:15 CST 2004

I have written a wxPython script that takes the streaming mjpeg  and
displays it at 30 fps from a AXIS 2400 video server, which uses the same
chipset and embedded linux.  It should be relatively easy to write a
similar proxy to multicast this data for VIC.  The format of the data on
the net is standard tcp, with http headers, which are relatively easy to
strip. The harder part is reformatting it to what VIC is expecting, and
then sending it out on the multicast.  I'll leave that as an exercise
for someone else.

Jim Fait