[AG-TECH] VIC with AXIS Communications 2130 PTZ Network Camera?

Markus Buchhorn Markus.Buchhorn at anu.edu.au
Mon Feb 16 18:10:04 CST 2004

At 14:09 13/02/2004 -0700, Adam Serediuk wrote:
>As far as I know they have no multicast support. I've used several of the
>AXIS cameras for other applications, the embedded linux is fairly simple and
>allows next to zero customization.

What is the network stream that comes out of them? The specs suggest motion-jpeg is the codec, but no mention of the transport - is it rtp?

"It shouldn't be hard(tm)" :-) to write a proxy to grab the mjpeg stream (rtp or not) and remulticast it. Issues might be control (getting into the stream without a web browser), and receiver (mjpeg support is a bit thin on the ground so far, but there is some code out there, e.g. rtptv).

The braver types could try and write a VfL/WDM/whatever driver for it that fakes it as an analogue video source for vic to capture, but that doesn't seem necessary here.

Cheers,
        Markus

Markus Buchhorn, ANU Internet Futures Group,       |Ph: +61 2 61258810
Markus.Buchhorn at anu.edu.au, mail: Bldg #108 CS&IT  |Fx: +61 2 61259805
Australian National University, Canberra 0200 Aust.|Mob: 0417 281429