[AG-TECH] Audio expertise needed for document!

Markus Buchhorn Markus.Buchhorn at anu.edu.au
Wed Feb 11 18:23:22 CST 2004

At 16:08 7/02/2004 +0900, shudo at ni.aist.go.jp wrote:
>I could have a talk with an agency of Polycom about difference between
>ClearOne's products and Polycom's products.  Of course, he asserted
>the Polycom's are superior to the ClearOne's in many points such as
>adaptivity to audio latency and easy configuration.  I could not
>confirm his assertion by myself but it sounds fairly reliable.

I agree with Shudo-san's comments, there are now quite a few more products out there (small and large).

We had an independent acoustic engineer work with us on our nodes, and he did a lot of evaluation of the ClearOne and Polycom's, and he proposed the (ex-ASPI) Polycom EF2280 was a better choice for us. I'm very happy with them. I can ask him to document his thoughts, and submit that, if you like?

Conversely, do we want to avoid doing competitive comparisons (not a good way to make friends with vendors), and just do a box-by-box overview of other products, and let readers make their own choices?

Cheers,
        Markus

Markus Buchhorn, ANU Internet Futures Group,       |Ph: +61 2 61258810
Markus.Buchhorn at anu.edu.au, mail: Bldg #108 CS&IT  |Fx: +61 2 61259805
Australian National University, Canberra 0200 Aust.|Mob: 0417 281429