[AG-TECH] Vic Preferences and double windows

Jeremy Mann jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Tue Feb 10 13:40:44 CST 2004

Douglas Baggett said:
> Sorry in advance if this question has been asked before.
>
> I just installed the AG 2 software and got it up and running. Everything
> seems to be working ok except for two strange things. Vic seems vic is
> transmitting two mirror windows when it only should transmit one (I have
> one camera). Also, the slider in vic has a max of 128Kb and I have far
> more bandwidth that that. Is there a way to modify the max bandwidth on
> the slider?
>
> I'm using a 3Com Homeconnect with the latest vicam drivers for Widows XP.

I've seen the two window problem with XP, but not with Linux. I have found
that if you disable the Consumer service, you'll just be left with the Vic
window for Producer service.

I had the same problem with the slider bar. To fix it, I had to create a
.vic.tcl file. In Linux, I just put it in my home directory, but Windows,
I don't know, you'll have to experiment with that. But create a .vic.tcl
and
add this to the file:

option add Vic.maxbw 3072 50
option add Vic.bandwidth 900 50
option add Vic.framerate 25 50
option add Vic.quality 85 75
option add Vic.defaultTTL 127

Now the others are just optional, but set quite a lot of things.

Good luck!

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu