[AG-TECH] Vic preferences and double windows

Dave Price dave.price at aber.ac.uk
Fri Feb 6 11:20:43 CST 2004

Dear Douglas and All,

dbaggett at cise-nsf.gov said:
> I just installed the AG 2 software and got it up and running.
> Everything  seems to be working ok except for two strange things. Vic
> seems vic is  transmitting two mirror windows when it only should
> transmit one (I have  one camera). Also, the slider in vic has a max
> of 128Kb and I have far  more bandwidth that that. Is there a way to
> modify the max bandwidth on  the slider?

I have something which appears similar, but in detail something
slightly different is happening (or have I just delved further perhaps?).

 I'd seen something like this the other day
so I just tried again.  I have a single node machine and I just started
a VideoConsumer and a VideoProducer.  The producer is indeed
showing two windows of my video.  The consumer however is only
showing one and a copy of vic manually started on the correct
multicast address/port on a Sun workstation is only receiving
one video stream it seems.

I wondered if the VideoProducer is actually showing us both what its trying
to transmit and perhaps a copy of that coming back off
a loopback network interface or something??

My machine is running XP prof and the AG 2.1.x I downloaded last week.
My multicast will not be reaching thge big wide world though
as we have some problems :-( here with multicast connectivity at present.

Dave Price