[AG-TECH] trying out a Wiki

Jennifer Teig von Hoffman jtvh at bu.edu
Mon Feb 9 15:46:45 CST 2004

Hi all,

Some of you may be familiar with Wikis, which are basically
collaboratively-edited web sites. They're pretty easy to use, and can
rather quickly amass a lot of information.

One of the topics that comes up a lot and is not yet well-documented is
the hardware on which AG2 is happily running. People post stuff to this
list, but the ag-tech archives aren't always easy to sort through for
the info. So, I thought maybe we'd give a try to a Wiki page and see
what comes of it.

There's now a page online at:

http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/fl/research/accessgrid/wiki/moin.cgi/HardwareConfigurations

Where you can post information about your local hardware configuration,
and see what others are using as well. So far all that's posted there is
a description of some nodes at Rice which Hubert Daugherty sent me in
response to the new online tutorial on installing AG2 -- but I'll bet
lots of folks can add things!

- Jennifer