[AG-TECH] before getting started

Jennifer Teig von Hoffman jtvh at bu.edu
Thu Feb 5 09:26:04 CST 2004

Hoo boy, a hot topic. I may be shooting myself in the foot by trying to
respond, but here goes anyway.

My understanding is that right now it's hard to find funding
opportunities from NSF for computational infrastructure, and that at
this point NSF considers most AG installations to be infrastructure
rather than research. So, the best approach at this point may be to
think about which projects cannot proceed without an AG node, and
consider building funding for node(s) into proposals related to that
project.

I'm very interested in hearing what others have to say on this topic too!

- Jennifer