[AG-TECH] Success Using Other CA's?

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Feb 2 11:48:56 CST 2004

At 11:43 AM 2/2/2004, Todd Zimmerman wrote:
>Thanks for the note Lewis.  Our symptoms were exactly the same as yours.
>
>Since I haven't heard from anyone else on this - I'm assuming that no one
>has successfully accomplished this yet?
>Our organization would _really_ like to get this going - since all of our
>authentication already takes place using Grid Canada certs, and it seems
>redundant to require getting ANL certs - especially when integration seems
>_so_ close to working properly.
>Can any of the developers give a bit of a status update on this
>feature/bug - and perhaps give a bit of a hint of where to start looking
>if one (foolishly ;-) ) wanted to try to fix it themselves??

We have successfully used DOE Science Grid certs here (the CA certs may be
installed in the TVS now; I'm not sure though).

It should just work for you, if you import the CA certs via the certificate
management GUI in your client, and via certmgr.py on the command line (for
your venue server and any linux-based media machines).

If you've tried this and ran into problems, please let me know and I'll
work with you to get it resolved.

--bob