[AG-TECH] I im desperate need of help

Martin Polak mpolak at gup.jku.at
Wed Dec 29 06:04:54 CST 2004

Alan Kraft wrote:
> We want to have a faculty member who is in
> Germany teach a class here at Valparaiso University
> using AG.  Our IT people have been fumbling
> around trying to get Multicasting working.  We
> start classes in about a week and HAVE to get
> this going.  My need for help is:  Can we
> do a point-to-point session without multicasting?
> If so, what do we need to setup at each end to
> do it?  Once we get multicasting going we will use
> that mode but we desperately need at least a point-to-
> point mode going VERY, VERY soon!!!
>
> Alan Kraft
> Valparaiso University

Perhaps the site in germany could setup a multicast bridge-server for their venue?
Then you just have to select "Use Unicast" in the venueclient and it will work.
What you can also do, is start vic and rat manually

vic -t127 unicastadr/port
rat -t127 unicastadr/port

as sort of workarround on both sides. But you cannot use shared apps that way
round as far as I see.

greets,
Dipl.-Ing.               			     EGEE-Partner #2
Martin Polak

Institute of Graphics and Parallel Processing
Johannes Kepler University Linz
Altenbergerstrasse 69
A-4040 Linz, AUSTRIA, EUROPE                 ________  ______
phone: +43 732 2468 8884                   / / __/ / / / /_/ /
fax: +43 732 2468 9496                    / /_/ / /_/ / ____/
mobile: +43 699 112 02 493                \____/\____/_/
email: mpolak at gup.jku.at              http://www.gup.uni-linz.ac.at/