Fw: [AG-TECH] XAP setup

Natalia Costas Lago natalia at cesga.es
Tue Dec 28 05:35:19 CST 2004

The problem is solved setting the Non Linear Processing parameter to
"Aggresive" in the AEC menu. I noticed the following effects:

- There is more echo than ever (it seemed like "Aggressive" was "Off" and
viceverse). I can hardly appreciate any difference between "Soft" and
"Medium" (there is still the full-duplex issue with those settings).

- There is complete full duplex.

I tested it and can repeat the procedure getting the same effect. So, the
question is:

- Are the levels for NLP: "Off", "Soft", "Medium" and "Aggresive" inverted?

Any suggestions about how to ease the AEC process.. so i dont loose so much
full duplex capabilities with soft or medium NLP level?

This is weird!!

Ah... I upgraded to 2.0.1 firmware lately, and I am using 5.0.2 version of
Gware... The problem started prior to the upgrade.

Any help or new ideas are greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Natalia.

PS: I'll try to contact Clearone and keep you up to date with this funny
thing.

Natalia Costas Lago
email: natalia at cesga.es

Centro de Supercomputacion de Galicia (CESGA)
Avenida de Vigo, s/n Campus Sur
15706 Santiago de Compostela - SPAIN
Tel:   +34  981 56 98 10
Fax:  +34  981 59 46 16