[AG-TECH] Shared Application Problem solved...

Lijuan Geng fengfenglili2004 at yahoo.com.sg
Tue Dec 21 02:49:59 CST 2004

Hi, Tom

Thank you very much for all the ideas!

The problem has been solved. Previously pc1 could not resolve the hostname of pc2, so when I entered the server address of pc2, pc1 cannot recognize it.

Now everything works and the response of Shared Applications is much faster.

Thanks! :)

Lijuan

"Thomas D. Uram" <turam at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
Lijuan:

You can try the following:

- Make sure that pc1 can resolve the hostname of pc2, and vice versa.
- Make sure the time on each pc is synchronized to an ntp server.
- Look in the VenueClient.log and VenueServer.log files for an indication of the problem;
send the logfiles to me if you can't see any problem there, and I'll have a look.

Tom