[AG-TECH] AGNodeService.py not in Fredora RPM

Steve Gallo smgallo at ccr.buffalo.edu
Thu Dec 16 16:09:34 CST 2004

Hi All,

I've followed the instructions at
http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~grangenet/ag_fedora/

for installing AG2.3 on RHEL3 and am having the following problem.
/etc/init.d/agns references /usr/bin/AGNodeService.py, but that
file does not exist, so I cannot start node services.  I've checked
the slackware distribution and the agns init script exists there
also but no AGNodeService.py.

When I start up VenueClient.py and try to "Manage My Node" using
the default URL of https://localhost:11000/NodeService it fails
with the following error:

<Fault SOAP-ENV:Client: Method Not Found: NodeService:IsValid : exceptions.KeyError NodeService <traceback object at 0x9fd1fd4>>

I've checked the RPM and it doesn't seem to have an AGNodeServices.py file:

#> rpm -qlp AccessGrid-2.3-6.i386.rpm | fgrep -i nodeservice
/etc/AccessGrid/Config/AGNodeService.cfg
/etc/AccessGrid/NodeServices
/etc/AccessGrid/NodeServices/AudioService.zip
/etc/AccessGrid/NodeServices/VideoConsumerService.zip
/etc/AccessGrid/NodeServices/VideoProducerService.zip
/etc/AccessGrid/NodeServices/VideoService.zip
/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/AccessGrid/AGNodeService.py
/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/AccessGrid/AGNodeService.pyc
/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/AccessGrid/AGNodeService.pyo
/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/AccessGrid/tests/test_NodeService.py
/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/AccessGrid/tests/test_NodeService.pyc
/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/AccessGrid/tests/test_NodeService.pyo
/usr/share/applications/AccessGrid/NodeService-Debug.desktop
/usr/share/applications/AccessGrid/NodeService.desktop
#>

Any ideas?

Steve

--
Steve Gallo
Database Administrator
smgallo at ccr.buffalo.edu
Center for Computational Research
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
9 Norton Hall, Buffalo, NY 14260-1800
716-645-6500 x521

"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most
intelligent, but the one most responsive to change" - Charles Darwin