[AG-TECH] Rat CPU load in Linux - soundcard problem ?

Steve Smith ssmith at vislab.usyd.edu.au
Wed Dec 15 17:49:33 CST 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-15 at 19:38, Andrew Daviel wrote:
> I have noticed in several Linux systems that Rat (ratmedia) is using
> 100% of a CPU (if it can get it) in system state. This seems to
> block the Venue client on a 1-CPU box.

The last time I saw this it the workaround was to switch into stereo
mode.  I suspect that the mono audio code in the drivers doesn't get a
lot of testing.

Cheers,
Steve
--
Steve Smith, SysAdmin/Programmer  | "When you have no nails your hammer grows
Vislab, University of Sydney      |  restless, and you begin to throw sideways