[AG-TECH] AGTk/OSX default indentity/proxy problem

David McNabb mcnabb at umd.edu
Fri Dec 10 08:20:30 CST 2004

Hello again AG'ers,

This is my second AGTk-on-OSX question and call for advice.  As I mentioned earlier, I managed to mess up an apparently working installation of AGTk2.3 on a second G5 running OSX.  I'm am not sure what I did, or this would surely be easier to figure out - sorry.  Here's what I see:

The AG launcher comes up fine, as does the Venue Client.  But as soon as I try to go to a venue I get the "No default identity is available" message, followed by the "You don't have a valid proxy. Please, try again" message.

Bringing up the Cert Mgr (from the Venue Client pref menu, of course) shows no certiicates present at all.  I have 4 Trusted CA Certs, all valid, though issuer is "<self>" for three of them.  When I try to import from my certificate .pem file (which worked fine the first time) I get this message:

"Certificate already exists
 Another certificate with this name is already present.
 Attempt to import anyway?"

Choosing Yes gives "Error on import... Certificate already in repository."

How can I clean this mess up?  Thanks.

  --David McNabb