[AG-TECH] Single System Node Client thoughts

Jason Soohoo jsoohoo at haystack.mit.edu
Thu Dec 9 08:37:29 CST 2004

Hi all,

I'm trying to get some feedback on my proposed hardware for a Single
System Node client. For a small conference room (6-10 people, 1 large
table)

Looking at a Dell Precision 370 P4 2.8GHz 1MB/800, 1GB 533MHz DDR2 RAM,
128MB Dual DVI/VGA nVidia Quadro video card.
And plan to add 2 camera's w/ 2 video capture cards.

Does anyone see the need for a dual processor system? or any other types
of hardware upgrades.

I've used a "test" system, which was a Dell Dimension, P4 2.4 GHz 512MB
RAM, onboard video. Same conference room in question And I was able to
support the past SC2004 lectures and that was like 20+ video streams.

Any feedback on possible needs for a dual processing system would be
greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for your time,

Jason SooHoo
MIT Haystack Observatory