[AG-TECH] rat keeps dying...

Jon Johansson jon.johansson at ualberta.ca
Mon Dec 6 12:35:14 CST 2004

I've only run rat on Windows on several PIGs and our room node.
I've used SoundBlaster Live, Audigy and Audigy2 cards in these
machines and rat keeps dying in any machine that is using
an Audigy card. I now have SoundBlaster Live cards in all
the machines here and rat is very stable. I don't know if this
is a driver maturity problem, or there is some incompatibility
with the 24 bit processing that Audigy is doing. There is
a new version of SoundBlaster Live that is 24 bit now and
I haven't tried that.

Jon.

--
Jon I Johansson             *  Research Computing Support
jon.johansson at ualberta.ca   *  Computing and Network Services