[AG-TECH] Venue client too slow

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Dec 3 08:44:27 CST 2004

Hey Andrew,

This is a great table. I appreciate your taking the time to put it together,
and I promise we're heavily influencing our current cycle with this
information. We're aware the user software is way too slow, and we're
working on it -- it's one of our priorities.

There are what appear to be 2 major performance hits we're taking:

1) GSI is slow, it's not a fast enough protocol for interactive systems
(IMHO)
2) Our current SOAP solution is doing very slow XML<->python serialization

Additionally, it looks like you identified a startup problem with the image
compared the startup with a non-ag wxpython application to see what the
"baseline" is for a wxpython app (there's a great demo that might be good
for this)?

Again, thanks, this is a great table, is it something I can use in ppt?

--Ivan