[AG-TECH] no-brainer web-cam

Andrew Replogle andrew.replogle at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 22:01:12 CST 2004

Can anyone tell me, did I buy the only quickcam that linux does not support?

The Quickcam Communicate (black with built-in audio).

I've tried the v4l c-qcam, qc-usb (quickcam), and the above mentioned
phillips (pwc) with no success.

I know my system has the correct dependencies for cameras in general
because it will recognize my ibm webcam (just won't decode the signal
because again, I suck and pick the one device a manufacturer makes
that linux has no support for).

Does anyone have this camera working with linux. Is there any way I
can get this working or do I need to return it.

If I need to return it, can anyone recommend the best webcam for linux
I can get thats reasonable price? (this one was $50).

Thanks,
Andrew