[AG-TECH] no-brainer web-cam

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Thu Dec 2 16:48:38 CST 2004

Hi Fred,

> a while back i picked up a few Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000's.  most were
> put on win boxes, but i tried running one through my linux desktop.
> i'm running FC2 and the challenge of getting it working was just too
> much for me to stomach.
>
> 'anybody using a webcam that comes up almost like magic in FC2.  i'm
> planning
> on picking up a few more cameras soon and i don't want to re-live my
> failed
> kernel module modes.

I think if you upgrade to the latest FC2 2.6.9 kernel, it will include the
new PWC driver from:
  http://www.saillard.org/linux/pwc/

You no longer need the binary pwcx module as that has been reverse
engineered.

The same goes with FC3, you need to update the default 2.6.9 kernel to the
latest version.

Cheers,
Doug