[AG-TECH] experience with bluetooth headsets for PIG nodes?

Richard Naylor richard.naylor at citylink.co.nz
Sun Aug 22 19:40:38 CDT 2004

Sorry to be behind the discussion. Been busy webcasting

I built a box that splits out the audio and uses 3 bluetooth headsets. I
used 3x  Plantronics M1500 headsets. It also uses a Rolls MA43 Headphone
amp but I could have parrallelled up the audio from the audio PC.

The audio from the headsets I fed into a small Behringer mixer so that I
could get the levels right

Problems I had were....

1. Everyone in the office kept stealing the headsets
2. The batteries in the headset only last 2 hours or less
3. I still got a bit of echo. This seemed to be via vibration down the mic
stalk from the earpiece when volume levels were high. It may have also been
due to me having 2 nodes fairly close together for testing and getting
feedback between nodes.

I still have the headsets, but have bought more Gentners. I buy the GT1524
single channel AEC and use it along with the small Behringer mixers - it
saves a *lot* of money and gives me much more flexible mic options. And I
don't need a PC to drive the Gentner. It just looks after itself.

I can send photos of the Bluetooth box of you want.

rich