[AG-TECH] Extent of bridging in AG 2.x

Randy Groves randy.groves at boeing.com
Tue Aug 17 13:07:23 CDT 2004

I was just participating in an AG session in the Full Sail venue - bridged
in as always, since we are still multicast-challenged.  We were connected
to the TVS via an AG 2.1.2 client.  The other participants were connected
via AG1, I believe.

I have ports open for incoming on our Netscreen for 9000,9002,9004,9006 (TCP).

At one point, another group entered the venue.  When I tried to use the
text window, my messages never were displayed in the 'sent' box, which I
assume means that  they didn't see them as well.

Which brings up my question - when I choose 'unicast', is EVERYTHING sent
over unicast?  Or just the video and audio streams?  I have always thought
the latter, but is that assumption incorrect?  Or is there a possible
problem with our Netscreen setup?

Or is there something else going on?

-randy