[AG-TECH] Multicast Beacon v1.0 released!

Mitch Kutzko mitch at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Aug 20 18:38:54 CDT 2004

Hi, folks -- The NLANR/DAST Multicast Beacon, Version 1.0 is now available!

You can get it at:

	http://dast.nlanr.net/projects/beacon

For those of you running older Beacons, you'll need to upgrade to the new
version before your Beacons will show up in the Central Beacon Server
matrix.   Check out the *new* Central Beacon Server address at:

	http://beacon.dast.nlanr.net

to see the current matrix.

Many bug fixes and many new features in this version.  There are also
several new features in the works that I didn't want to hold up this
release for, including IPv6 support, the latest version of the UCL RTP
library underneath the hood, a new autoconf configuration, and several others.

For those of you inclined to tinker, please do -- I'm very happy to include
contributed code.

This is an open source project, so you're all on the team!

Check out:

	http://multicastbeacon.sourceforge.net
	and
	http://sourceforge.net/projects/multicastbeacon

in the next few days, as I get things put up there.

Also, if you haven't already joined it, please consider joining the Beacon
listserv sharing your comments, questions, bug reports, contributed code,
and other feedback with everyone there.  (Please note the Beacon list can
only be posted to by SUBSCRIBERS, in order to keep it spam-free. Ie,
non-subscriber email is automatically discarded!)

You can subscribe to the Beacon listserv by sending an email to
"majordomo at dast.nlanr.net", with "subscribe beacon at dast.nlanr.net" in the
body. The list is publicly archived at:

	http://archive.ncsa.uiuc.edu/lists/beacon

You can also contact me via the DAST contact webform at:

	http://dast.nlanr.net/contactform.html

Enjoy!

Mitch
--