[AG-TECH] Ospreys & FC2

Michael Miller mimiller at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Aug 20 09:57:01 CDT 2004

We had some trouble with FC2 and Osprey and WinTV cards.  It seemed that
when we added/removed cards the permissions for the video devices were set to:
crw-------

This caused various problems.  The solution was to go into
/etc/security/console.perms

and change:

<console>  0600 <v4l>        0600 root
<console>  0666 <v4l>        0600 root

to keep the permissions as we want them.

hope this helps

Michael Miller
NCSA

At 07:48 AM 8/20/2004, Stuart Poulton wrote:
>Dear All,
>
>I'm pleased to report that I finally have 4 working osprey cards under
>FC2.....
>
>I still have to manually change the input to s-video for each card on
>changing venues, I've not tried to resolve this yet.
>
>I'm hoping to carry out tests on Monday, probably starting around 9am
>GMT if anyone is around please let me know your assistance will be
>greatly appreciated.
>
>Regards
>
>Stuart

Thanx,

Michael Miller
System Engineer
Visualization Technology Support
Computing and Data Management
University of Illinois - UC
217-649-0747

"If you're clear in your vision and trust the people in your team with
clear objectives, they will invariably do their best to achieve everything
desired, and usually deliver everything you could have hoped for and even
more." -Paul Debevec