[AG-TECH] Ospreys & FC2

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Mon Aug 16 22:39:19 CDT 2004

Hi Stuart,

> It's never easy is it. Having made little progress in getting my 4
> osprey cards to work with AG2.2 under windows XP, I moved to FC2
> Great all 4 cards are there, however I can only get streams from the
> S-Video input on the 2 Osprey 220's , I'm unable to change inputs on the
> 2 230's.

Download the following V4L python script:
  http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~agn/ag_fedora/FC2/stable/patches/v4ltest.py
then run it (either chmod a+rx it or python v4ltest.py), if it doesn't
detects all the inputs on Osprey 230s, let me know what v4ltest.py's output
is.

If the v4ltest.py script detects all the inputs of the video cards you have
installed, replace the existing Config.py located at:
  /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/AccessGrid/Platform/unix/Config.py
with the new Config.py from:
   http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~agn/ag_fedora/FC2/stable/patches/Config.py

As root run:
  python /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/AccessGrid/Platform/unix/Config.py
which will compile Config.py to Config.pyc, ignore any output messages.

You can then start AGServiceManager.py as you normally do...

Cheers,
Doug