[AG-TECH] AG2.2 - Venue Client

Thomas Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Aug 11 08:48:29 CDT 2004

Hi Anne:

The error you identified shouldn't prevent the node setup wizard from
starting.  There should be another indication of problem in that
logfile; if you don't see it, you should file a bug for the node setup
wizard in our bugzilla (http://bugzilla.mcs.anl.gov/AccessGrid) and
include the logfile.

The problem you encountered with rat and vic not starting is due to a
difference in the personal node setup between 2.1 and 2.2.  You should
be able to get the media tools working by building a new node configuration:

- Start the VenueClient
- Select Preferences->ManageMyNode
- Add the service manager at localhost 11000
- Add services (audio, videoconsumer, videoproducer) to the service manager
- Save the node config as the default

It should then work each time you start the venue client.

Tom