[AG-TECH] What makes the AG different and that other H.323 wo rld...

Osland, CD (Chris) C.D.Osland at rl.ac.uk
Tue Aug 10 04:25:47 CDT 2004

John,

In a roughly similar situation we are installing both AG hardware
(i.e. computer and separate echo canceller) and 'conventional'
video conferencing codec.  Sources will be presented to both systems
through distribution amps; outputs from the systems will be switched
to projectors/plasma screens/speakers by a comprehensive RGBHV+A
matrix switch, controlled by standard (Crestron or whatever) touch
screen control panel.  That seems, at present, to be the only way
of keeping the easy operability of the standard system, while
using all the AV infrastructure for both systems.  There is no
requirement, as specified by my customer, to use both at the
same time.

Cheers

Chris

Chris Osland                                               Office tel: +44
(0) 1235 446565
Digital Media and Access Grid                          Medialab tel: +44 (0)
1235 446459
BIT Department                                     Access Grid room tel: +44
(0) 1235 445666
e-mail:   C.D.Osland at rl.ac.uk                                       Fax: +44
(0) 1235 445597
CCLRC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory (Bldg. R18)
Chilton, DIDCOT, Oxon OX11 0QX, UK
[The contents of this email are confidential and are for the use of the
intended recipient only.
If you are not the intended recipient do not take any action on it or show
it to anyone else,
but return this email to the sender and delete your copy of it.]

http://lbrn.lsu.edu &
http://cct.lsu.edu
phone: 225-578-0062 / fax: 225-578-2597