[AG-TECH] Osprey Cards....... Desperation

John I Quebedeaux Jr johnq at lsu.edu
Fri Aug 6 16:34:55 CDT 2004

Stuart,

I now have a windows xp system with 4 osprey's running with AG 2.1.2.
You have to go back, after the initial installation of the osprey's
current version of the drivers, to install the VfW version of the
drivers. I came across documentation to do just this with the software
that came with the Osprey's. This involved getting the drivers,
manually updating the driver to the older version for each card...
rinse repeat...

At least, this is what worked for me. Then, fix the video to 288x352,
s-video, etc.

Then, the problem I had was with 4 cards - while the osprey software
would see them just fine and they were all registered - but somehow the
4th card wouldn't show up on the list available in the VideoProducer.
What would show up was the WDM driver. So, I had one of the osprey's go
through that instead (set in the osprey software to set defaults if I
recall correctly) and thus got all 4 cards going simultaneously. All
seems fine now. So, a little tweaking involved...

Now I'm ready to try 2.2 again with some of the fixes/hacks now out
there....

-John Q.
--
John I. Quebedeaux, Jr.