[AG-TECH] Quick question on BridgeServer

Chris Willing willing at itee.uq.edu.au
Thu Aug 5 04:10:34 CDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 02:22, John Hodrien wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Aug 2004, Benedikt Bjarni Bogason wrote:
>
> > I'm setting up a venue server, which we do want to bridge. However we do
> > not wish to have the venue server on a Linux machine, since that requires
> > Redhat 7.3 and long outdated security packages. We have tried to set it up
> > on a Mandrake 9 unsuccessfully, but my question is this:
>
> I've setup 2.2 on Fedora 2, with the packages provided by Doug with
> /relatively/ little pain.  I've not worked it hard, so I can't say it's a
> flawless install, but then I'm not sure such a thing exists yet.

The Asia Pacific Access Grid venue server
	https://vv2.ap-accessgrid.org:8000/Venues/default

has been running various versions of AG2 server software (currently
2.1.2) for a long time on a Slackware 9.1 Linux machine i.e. fairly up
to date & secure

AG2.2 (pre2.3) packages for Slackware 10 are available at
	http://www.ap-accessgrid.org/AG2/

and for Fedora at
	http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~agn/ag_fedora/

chris

--
Chris Willing                     Phone: +61 7 3365 8350
University of Queensland          Email: willing at itee.uq.edu.au
St Lucia, QLD 4072, Australia