[AG-TECH] AGTk questions

Michael Miller mimiller at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Aug 4 08:19:31 CDT 2004

Natalia,

AGSchedule provides a link to the beacon information on the meeting details
page.  There you can see all beacons, or just the beacons participating in
your meeting.  That is, providing the node ops have a beacon running and
they have filled in the field for their site info on AGSchedule.  The old
version of the beacon v. 0.64 (et al) added the beacon@ to the address of
the beacon machine as part of describing each machine.  In order for the
AGSchedule code to function properly, it is necessary to include that as
part of the address for your beacon in the Beacon DNS Name field.

All that said, with the release of the new beacon v. 0.09.58 (et al) the
functionality within AGSchedule is becoming out of date.  The functionality
which allows one to view a subset of the beacons is not yet available
(Mitch, correct me if I'm wrong).  Once the functionality is there to
emulate what the older version does, I'll redo the AGSchedule code to work
with the new beacon.

So long story short, you can leave the Beacon DNS Name field blank for now
and change it when you have a beacon running, but realize that currently,
it's meant to work with the older version of the beacon.

If you have further questions about AGSchedule please send mail to the
AGSchedule Administrator at: agschedule at ncsa.uiuc.edu

Thanx

Michael Miller
NCSA

At 02:56 AM 8/4/2004, you wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I have an easy question (i think), I am filling the agschedule form for our
>node and in the "Beacon DNS name" there is the following comment:
>
>"Be sure to include the beacon@ portion of the name"
>
>What does it mean? Our beacon server will be accessgrid.cesga.es, which
>information do I have to add to that field??
>
>Kind regards.
>
>-----------------------------------
>Natalia Costas Lago
>mailto: natalia at cesga.es
>
>Centro de Supercomputacion de Galicia (CESGA)
>Avenida de Vigo, s/n Campus Sur
>15705 Santiago de Compostela - SPAIN
>Tel: +34  981 56 98 10
>Fax: +34  981 59 46 16
>http://www.cesga.es/

Thanx,

Michael Miller
System Engineer
Visualization Technology Support
Computing and Data Management
University of Illinois - UC
217-649-0747

"If you're clear in your vision and trust the people in your team with
clear objectives, they will invariably do their best to achieve everything
desired, and usually deliver everything you could have hoped for and even
more." -Paul Debevec