[AG-TECH] problems with the latest WinTV GO - new chipset CX23880

Natalia Costas Lago natalia at cesga.es
Fri Apr 23 06:38:26 CDT 2004

Hi,

I wanted to know some capture cards models that are well known to work 100%
under Linux (and produce no problems with AG as well).

We've bought the wrong capture cards, because they were the last model of
Hauppage WinTV/GO and it seems that the chip BT878 has been replaced by the
CX23880 (or something like that), that I haven't been able to get it to work
 so far (I've been with xawtv but not with vic, and only upgrading the
kernel.. and the image quality is a little bit... ¿choppy?).

I wouldnt like any more surprises related to capture cards :O.

Natalia Costas Lago
mailto: natalia at cesga.es

Centro de Supercomputacion de Galicia (CESGA)
Avenida de Vigo, s/n Campus Sur
15705 Santiago de Compostela - SPAIN
Tel: +34  981 56 98 10
Fax: +34  981 59 46 16