[AG-TECH] Accessibility on the Grid

Colin Perkins csp at csperkins.org
Wed Apr 21 17:08:00 CDT 2004

On 21 Apr 2004, at 21:51, agtech at virtualvenue.org wrote:
> Just wondering if anyone in the community might be developing methods
> or applications for Accessibility.  We are working with a state
> organization and they are trying to close the gap on learning
> abilities of the hearing and visually impaired.  The problem being,
> disabled students fall behind in later years due to poor translation
> of complex issues.
>
> I'm sure the AG can be leveraged or augmented to accommodate these
> folks.  Any suggestions?

There's been a lot of discussion in the AVT and SIPPING working groups
of the IETF recently, particularly focussed on hearing-impaired users
(see, for example, RFCs 2793 and its update, and RFC 3351). I don't
know if any of the developing standards are being implemented within
AG, however.

--
Colin Perkins
http://csperkins.org/