[AG-TECH] programming with AG?

Markus Buchhorn Markus.Buchhorn at anu.edu.au
Tue Apr 20 19:03:24 CDT 2004

Hi Weiqun

At 18:48 20/04/2004 +0200, weiqun cao wrote:
>I want to develop an interface for AG using C++ programme, with which the
>video stream from AG can be read and exported to any applications .
>Is there anybody who has some experiences on it? Where can I get any clue
>about how to start?

It depends a bit on what you want to do with the video streams afterwards, but basically
 - you can capture rtp packets and work with the content at that level (see e.g. rcbridge and rtpreplicate)
 - you can capture the rtp packets and unpack them to access the video data itself (see e.g. VP)

(http://if.anu.edu.au/AG.html has links to the above packages, with source code)

So in the first instance, any standalone application that can listen to a multicast socket and accept udp/rtp(+rtcp) packets would be a starting point.

The next interesting part, if relevant, is integrating it with the AG venue client or as appropriate to 'do something' from the AG user-interface. That really depends on what the application does, if it's a node service or a venue service, etc.

Cheers,
        Markus

Markus Buchhorn, ANU Internet Futures Group,       |Ph: +61 2 61258810
Markus.Buchhorn at anu.edu.au, mail: Bldg #108 CS&IT  |Fx: +61 2 61259805
Australian National University, Canberra 0200 Aust.|Mob: 0417 281429